Sunday, January 25, 2015

Life in Color

The sun bursts, clouds break, well this is life in motion...

Hello everybody! I figured another blog post is appropriate since I just got back from Bali, again. You know what they say, when in Indonesia, visit Bali multiple times. It was my friend Fernanda's birthday on January 16th so we decided to celebrate it in style with a mini vacation. So Fernanda, Alina, Lucas and I packed our bags and got going. While we were there we got to do all kinds of cool stuff like visit a water sport beach with jet skis, a turtle island and a fly fish raft thingy (think of tubing but instead the tube goes in the air, like mini para sailing). We also got to visit some restaurants that we don't have in Makassar, like La Hacienda (Mexican food), Slavyanka (Russian food) and Hard Rock Cafe: Bali. On the second day we met up with our friend Will who lives in Bali, and on the third day we all traveled to northern Bali together. The villa house we stayed at was gorgeous, had a private pool and was really close to the beach! We even got to go snorkeling. Let me tell you, I am terrible at it. I am really bad at swimming with the flippers and whenever I went underwater I would accidentally suck in a bunch of saltwater. I finally got the hang of things afterwards though and then it was really fun. We were snorkeling in an area where they are trying to regrow/grow coral, so when you looked down you could see all the coral and little fish swimming around. Also, the structures used to regrow coral reminded me of that one James Bond movie (maybe Thunderball?) when he is looking for the missing plane in the ocean and it is camouflaged. I felt very spy-ish even though I was basically floating on top of the water. This Bali trip with my friends was so much fun, and though I don't have nearly as many pictures as my first trip there, I have all the memories (Alina, Nanda, Will and Lucas...byeeeeeeeeee Alex) and the sunburns to prove it. Here are some of the pictures I did manage to get (though most of them are from Fernanda's phone):

(me at Hard Rock)

(Nanda and I visiting Turtle Island)

(Makassar team)

(naturally it is gloomy when we decide to go to the beach)

(farewells)

(sometimes I clean up nicely)

 
(the Russian and American are a nuclear family now...ahhh jokes)

Other than my fantastical trip to the Land of Beautiful People and Places (that would be Bali, there are a lot of beaches and Australian guys), not too much has happened to me. I move to my next host family in about two weeks and I am facing the problem of having too many things and not enough room in my suitcase...looks like I may be coming back to America with a few extra bags. And on that note, I'll be signing off. Uffda this is a short one.

Until next time,
your wandering Holman

P.S. If there is anything you guys want to read about that I haven't mentioned, send me a message on facebook or email and I will try to slip it in the next post :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment